Emergency Plan - Call for Volunteers
'The COVID pandemic highlighted the need for the Parish to be better prepared in the event of significant disruption to normal life from causes often outside our control. Local residents and Parish Councillors formed a Resilience and Emergency Planning Group and have developed an Emergency Plan – the draft of which that can be viewed on www.westhaddonparishcouncil.gov.uk
The plan focuses on the potential emergencies that pose the highest risk. These being:
- Local flooding
- Accident involving a hazardous material
- Major heat wave
- Low temperatures and/or snow
- Major storms & gales
- Major outbursts of an infectious disease
- Prolonged drought
- Extended loss of electricity supply
- Local traffic accident
For the plan to be effective volunteers are requested in the following categories:
- Local people who in times of need are able to check in on and provide support to the more vulnerable in our village. It is hoped a number of people volunteer so each volunteer has a small number of houses close to their own home.
- Local people who have equipment or a skill that may support a response to an emergency. This could include cutting or lifting equipment, transport or being able to provide food for example.
These emergencies are rare occurrences so it isn't expected volunteers will be regularly called upon. It is however, reassuring to know that support is there if it is required.
If you would like to be included as a volunteer in either of the above categories, please contact Gill:- firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted: Wed, 09 Jun 2021 14:50 by Gill Wells