West Haddon Parish Council

Serving the people of West Haddon


Clerk: Mrs Gill Wells
PO Box 6583, Rugby
Warwickshire CV21 9QT

Tel: 07493 366527


Contacting the Police

Emergency calls

In an emergency please telephone 999.

If you are deaf, deafened, hard of hearing or have a speech impairment, a text phone is available on 18000.

You should use these numbers if:

  • A crime is happening right now.
  • Someone is in immediate danger, or there is a risk of serious damage to property.
  • A suspect for a serious crime is nearby.
  • There is a traffic collision involving injury or danger to other road users.

Non-emergency calls

For all other calls to the police in England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland please telephone 101.

If you are deaf, deafened, hard of hearing or have a speech impairment, a text phone is available on 18001 101.

You should use these non-emergency numbers to:

  • Report a crime not currently in progress - for example a stolen car, burglary, or damaged property.
  • Give information to the police about crime in your area.
  • Speak to the police about a general enquiry.
  • Contact a specific police officer or member of staff.

Calling from abroad

The 101 service is only available if you are dialing from within England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland. If you need to contact the police from elsewhere please use the list of alternative non-emergency numbers.


Many police forces provide online forms and information about alternative contact methods (like text messaging or email) on their individual websites. Please see the complete list of force websites for links.

Calling 101 is the main way of contacting the Police, but it may be quicker to report crimes and other information via the Northamptonshire Police website https://www.northants.police.uk/webform/report-crime.

Report Crime or Concerns Anonymously

Fearless is a service that allows you to pass on information about crime 100% anonymously. This means you don't have to give us any personal details.

Other useful phone numbers


Telephone number


0800 555 111

Anti-terrorist Hotline

0800 789 321

British Transport Police

0800 40 50 40

Victim Supportline

08 08 16 89 111

Action Fraud

0300 123 2040

NSPCC Helpline

0808 800 5000

Daventry Rural Police Neighbourhood

This policing neighbourhood is in the Northamptonshire Police force area.

Click Northamptonshire Police for the website Home page.

Northamptonshire Police post information on Facebook and tweet on Twitter

Doorstep Crime.

Help protect the people you care for from falling victim to doorstep crime.

Every day in Northamptonshire people are prone to falling victim to doorstep crime. Most of the victims are elderly or vulnerable.

Whether you are caring for a family member, working as a professional in the community care or community safety field, or just keeping an eye out for a neighbour, you may be the only person that has regular contact with the person(s) you care for and can play a vital role in preventing them from becoming a victim.

Our Doorstep Crime Action Network brings together members of the public, private, public, charity, and community sector organisations. We are asking anyone who has contact with an elderly or vulnerable person to pass on the gentle crime prevention reminders detailed in this leaflet.

Northamptonshire Police 101 Poster

Northamptonshire Police 101 Poster

Domestic Abuse

Our sponsored PCSOs have asked that we publish the following guidance for those affected by Domestic Abuse and links to organisations which help and support victims.

Domestic Abuse

If you or anyone you know is experiencing domestic abuse, help and support is available. Please see the information below and on the other pages in this section for more details.

We can help you get safe and stay safe.

Domestic abuse can happen to anyone, at any time, regardless of gender, age, sexuality, race, culture, religion or class, and each year Northamptonshire police officers are called to more than 10,000 domestic abuse related incidents.

Our aim, first and foremost, is to protect the victim and remove the risk of further attack. We will fully investigate criminal offences, however, we know that victims of domestic abuse often need additional support and reassurance.

As such, we work very closely with a range of organisations that provide specialist support to victims of domestic abuse, and we can arrange access to these agencies so that you can get the emotional and practical support you need to get safe and stay safe.

Are you a victim of domestic abuse?

Domestic abuse is defined as any incident of threatening behaviour, violence or abuse (psychological, physical, sexual, financial or emotional) between adults, who are or have been intimate partners or family members.

Domestic abuse is rarely a one-off event and is more common than most people realise. It often escalates in seriousness and frequency over time and can be made worse by separation, pregnancy, debt, alcohol or drug use, or issues around children.

If you are experiencing domestic abuse, it is not your fault. You do not have to suffer in silence. Northamptonshire Police and other agencies, such as the Sunflower Centre, Victim Support or Women's Aid, can help you get the support you need to move on with your life.

Report it

Our new campaign aims to highlight domestic abuse and encourage those affected by it to report it. If you, or anyone you know, is experiencing abuse or violence in a close relationship, support is available.

  • Call Northamptonshire Police on 101 or in an emergency, call 999
  • You can also call the national 24 hour domestic abuse helpline on 0808 2000 247

Where to get help and support

There are many organisations that provide help and support for victims of domestic abuse. If you or anyone you know needs support to help get out of an abusive relationship or you simply want advice about what your options are, please click on the link below for details about people who can help:

Domestic abuse can have a life-long impact on its victims, their friends and family. If you or anyone you know is experiencing domestic abuse of any kind, help is available – you're not on your own. All incidents of abuse reported to police are followed up and we can help people get the support they need to move on with their life.

There is a range of support available and you don't have to report it to the police if you would prefer not to. If you have any concerns relating to domestic abuse, the organisations listed below can provide advice and support.

Northamptonshire Police 101 In an Emergency Always Call 999

Women's Aid National Helpline 0808 2000 247

Sunflower Centre 01604 888 211

Voice - for victims & witnesses 0300 303 1965 www.voicenorthants.org

Northamptonshire Domestic Abuse Service (NDAS) 0300 012 0154 www.ndas.co

Eve 01604 230311 www.eveda.org.uk

Relate 01604 634400 www.relatenorthants.org.uk

Northamptonshire Rape Crisis 0300 222 5930 www.northamptonshirerapecrisis.co.uk

Serenity (Sexual Assault Referral Centre) 01604 601713 www.serenitynorthants.co.uk